“Each patient carries his own doctor inside him.” –Norman Cousins, “Anatomy of an Illness”
These are six life-changing skills you will learn through health coaching with me:
01/Listening to your body
know what you need at any given moment.
02/Understanding the nutrition principles you need
End the confusion around food for good.
03/Reprogramming your mind for healing
Love yourself first for everyone’s sake.
04/Building your healing recipe
Give your body the chance to recover and it will.
05/Getting your « primary food » nourishment
What feeds you beyond food?
06/Cultivating your health in the kitchen
Because that’s where the magic happens!
Maybe you want to eliminate digestive discomfort. Perhaps you’re wanting to start a family and want to prepare your body for pregnancy. Are you having difficulty getting pregnant and feeling hopeless? Maybe you and your family just want to eat healthier and need some guidance on what that actually means!
Unfortunately, as a culture we have moved so far from being in tune with what is healthy. When discomfort arises we pop a pill, treat the symptoms and are told this is normal. Excess gas, bloating, digestive discomfort, acid reflux are not normal! These are symptoms that something is not working as it should. Let’s stop chasing symptoms and look a little deeper at the root causes.
I can help identify nutritional deficiencies, system imbalances and help strengthen them through proper diet, supplements and lifestyle changes. I pay special attention to the foundations of health; properly prepared whole foods diet, digestion, blood sugar, fatty acids, minerals and hydration. We can then see which foundations may need support, which nutrients are deficient and what is needed to provide balance. I approach this work as a detective, determined to help you find the root causes of your health concerns.
I don’t believe in a one size fits all approach as each of us has our own unique, bio-individual needs. There is no one perfect diet. What I do believe in however, is a nutrient dense, whole foods and properly prepared diet that is delicious. We can work at whatever pace is comfortable for you to meet your health goals.
I deal with various health concerns which can successfully be supported with food and lifestyle medicine. The cornerstone of my work is uncovering and addressing the underlying causes which can be both, emotional and physiological. I practice a holistic approach to life and wellness, which means that I look at how all areas of your life are connected. I look at everything from what you eat, to your relationship with food, stress levels, exercise routine and any potential health disrupting or energy draining factors. I use a natural whole foods approach that is very nutritious but also affordable and achievable. As we work together, we will look at how all parts of your life affect your health as a whole and develop a deeper understanding of the lifestyle choices that will help you optimize your energy, health and performance.
- Nutrient intake
- Digestion, absorption and assimilation
- Nutrient deficiencies and imbalances
- Gut integrity
- Microbiome diversity
- Identification of possible stressors
- Mental state & emotion. I want to get to know the person behind the symptoms, in order to create a unique and tailored health plan. There is no one size fits all in the way I work. I aim to support you on your journey back to health through empowering and educating about all aspects of wellbeing.
Coaching helps you set goals and take action to make changes in your life. In our private sessions, I listen as you set goals. In each session, we track your progress and make adjustments as we go.
You can choose from basic nutrition and lifestyle habits to career or relationship changes. It’s a process that helps you feel more clear and confident over time and you can change your goals along the way if needed.
You can contact me if you feel like:
you want to be healthier but feel confused or too overwhelmed to choose better habits you want to make some kind of life change but feel stuck
you need someone who listens and really “gets” you
you’ve done a lot of work and still don’t see the results you want
- Allergies and intolerances – food and environmental
- Digestive problems (abdominal pain, bloating, Chron’s, constipation, diarrhoea, gas, heartburn, Helicobacter Pylori, ulcerative colitis, ulcers)
- Anxiety, depression, low mood, neurodegeneration, poor concentration, etc.
- Addictions, compulsions, obsessions, eating disorders
- Respiratory issues like asthma, chronic cough, wheezing
- Diabetes, insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome
- Autoimmune conditions (Celiac, Crohn’s, Multiple Sclerosis, Lupus, Hashimoto Thyroditis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, etc.)
- Recurring infections (cold sores, cystitis, glue ear, tonsillitis, bronchitis, runny nose, sneezing)
- Skin conditions: (flaky scalp, rashes, cracks, athlete’s foot, acne, rosacea, eczema, psoriasis, facial hair in females)
- Underactive or overactive thyroid
- Hormonal matters (PMS, PCO, PCOS, fibroids, clots, endometriosis, symptoms of menopause, moodiness)
- Weight management
You talk. I listen. I ask you questions. We laugh (hopefully, if you think I’m funny). We figure out what you want and need. You might ask me for answers but I won’t give them to you. Instead, I encourage you to find access to your truth and inner wisdom.
Eventually after each session you receive your personalised health plan which includes:
- my observations
- therapeutic recommendations
- priorities to focus on
- list of foods to eat / not to eat
- meal configuration ideas
- lifestyle recommendations
- functional testing recommendations
- should there be any specific findings, you will receive a doctor or test referral
Curious about health coaching ?
Schedule an appointment
I empower moms to support their families so that they can nourish themselves and establish healthy foundations for their children through nutrition, education, and family culture.